Berry Banana Frozen Yogurt-Vegan, Dairy Free




Is it getting hot where you live? It sure is, here in sunny California. Good thing I have a big bag of frozen berries in my freezer, ready to whipped up into berry smoothies, berry desserts and this easy-peasy berry banana frozen yogurt.

Berry Banana Frozen Yogurt
Recipe source: My own

Ingredients
  • 2 cups yogurt (for vegan version use soy yogurt)
  • 2 ripe bananas mashed
  • 1 cup frozen mixed berries ( I used strawberries, blueberries, raspberries and black berries)
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1 tbs maple syrup
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon pwd
  • Mint leaves for garnish- a few

Method
  • In the bowl of a stand mixer, take the yogurt and the mashed bananas attach the paddle and mix until well combined.You could also use a hand held beater or blender for this
  • Add the vanilla, maple syrup and cinnamon powder and continue mixing.
  • Transfer the contents into the ice cream attachment of your stand mixer/ice cream maker so that the ice crystals are broken up while freezing.
  • Take the frozen mixed berries in your blender and pulse it a couple of times until powdery.
  • Mix it with the frozen yogurt in the last 5 minutes of the ice cream maker's rotation. I love how it takes on a beautiful swirly pinkish-purplish colour (depending on the berries used)
  • Garnish with a few berries and mint leaves
  • The frozen yogurt will have a soft serve consistency so serve immediately. If you are freezing the leftovers, it might become hard in the freezer so leave it out for about 10 mins before serving.
  • Serve it over warm lemon cake for extra points!


Verdict
Ease:  ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ 
Taste: ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ 
I don't have an ice cream maker yet, though I have just ordered my Cuisinart ICE-40 Flavor Duo Ice Cream Maker
after a lot of research  and am excited about all the glorious ice creams I'll be making this summer!  You don't really need one you just have to make sure you regularly take the contents out of the freezer and mix to avoid the formation of ice crystals and keep your froyo or ice cream smooth and creamy. 

Check out these useful tips on how to make ice cream without a machine  and how to make ice cream softer
I guess I wasn't religious enough and mine had some crystals. It also melted quite fast so make sure you serve it at the last minute and eat up fast! Which shouldnt be a problem since it tastes goood :)
If you like this you should totally check out my dessert recipes are here
All my favourite vegan recipes are here

2 comments:

  1. Thanks rose for submitting your entry to sizzling summer contest. Good luck!! Berry banana frozen yogurt looks very inviting. Lovely clicks.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile and encourage me to keep blogging! Thanks for visiting and taking time to leave me a message :)